Shilpa Shetty Does Not Allow Son Viaan to Watch TV on Weekdays

Shilpa Shetty, who is judging a dance reality show, reveals that she does not allow her four-year-old son Viaan to watch TV on weekdays.

Actress Shilpa Shetty, who is judging a dance reality show, reveals that she does not allow her four-year-old son Viaan to watch TV on weekdays. �His watching TV is very restricted. �Super Dancer� (a TV show) is the only thing that he watches because it is primarily for the kids, I allow him to watch it,� she told PTI today.




Viaan recently made a special appearance on the show �Super Dancer� where the other two judges are Geeta Kapoor and Anurag Basu besides Shilpa. �He is not allowed to watch TV on any other day but on Saturdays and Sundays. I think you have to be very careful with what you show your children and today�s children are growing so fast, and the exposure thanks to television and iPad (is huge), its just the world today,� the 41-year-old the actress said.

�I think nowadays the cartoons also are so aggressive, there is so much violence, fighting. I am not complaining, I am just saying that you have to be very conscious when you are parenting. It�s a conscious decision on our part, my husband and me to make sure that our children aren�t exposed too much. I want him (Viaan) to learn slowly and steadily rather than have everything together,� she added.

To a question whether her son is getting into celebrity space after his appearance on the dance show, Shilpa said, �I don�t know whether he is getting into a celebrity space, its too early.� �He just happens to come with me on the sets of �Super Dancer�. I don�t think it goes beyond that. I want him to be a child and celebrity status can wait,� she added.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment