Alia Bhatt talks about her sister Shaheen Bhatt�s depression, Says I love her but I can�t help her get over depression

Alia Bhatt's sister Shaheen Bhatt recently shared a message about her mental illness on her social media account. Now, Alia Bhatt talks about her sister Shaheen Bhatt�s depression

Recently Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan�s elder daughter Shaheen wrote about her battle with depression.

Shaheen�s younger sister and actress Alia Bhatt says family and close friends have always been aware of Shaheen�s sensitive mental condition. �All those who are close to her know about it. It�s not as if Shaheen had never spoken about it before. She has to, to her loved ones. Apart from the depression, my sister also has insomnia. So we�ve spent many sleepless nights talking.�



Alia feels a kind of helplessness about her sister�s condition. �Though my sister and I share a very honest relationship and we�re very close, nothing that I can say or do can help her situation. So yes, she has to constantly work herself out of her depressions.�
She can only hold Shaheen�s hand. Says Alia, �I am there to support her unconditionally. If she just needs me to be around, I am there for her. Whenever she needs to talk to me, I am there to talk to her. But she has her own process of dealing with it which only she understands and I can�t be part of. No matter how hard I try.�

Alia also reveals that Shaheen attends therapy sessions regularly. �Whenever she seeks me for companionship I am there. Otherwise she is a strong person and she has to deal with it herself. No matter how much I love her I can�t help her get over the depression. She has to do it on her own.�

Read Shaheen Bhatt�s Instagram post on dealing with depression here:

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment